Permits & Licenses

Land Disturbance Permit

A land disturbance permit is required for all land-disturbing activities, including any land change which may result in soil erosion from water or wind and the movement of sediment to the municipal separate storm sewer system, including, but not limited to, the clearing brush or vegetation, grubbing, dredging, excavating, transporting and filling of land.

Construction Permits

Permits ensure that your project is code compliant and that the work is done by licensed professionals. Your design professionals will be required to apply for permits based on the work outlined in your plans.

Construction projects in Mobile require a building permit. Depending on the nature of the project, you may need other trade-specific permits such as electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.